Sometime ago, i downloaded a software which i can’t remember, when installing, i was prompted to install Delta Search but i said NO. after the software installation, my Firefox browser search engine was changed to http://www.delta-search.com with the referral link of the software owner attached. i swiftly uninstall and removed the software, though the Delta search toolbar was remove, but whenever i open a new tab, the Delta search was still displaying.
To remove it, follow the step below..
- Enter about:config in your Firefox Address bar.
- In the about:config page, enter Delta in the search and hit enter.
- You will see all the Firefox settings infected or modified by the Delta Search
- Since it only when i want to open a new tab that the Delta search Engine rises it ugly head, all i did was to reset browser.newtab.url. you can as well modify and change the Delta search URL to the website URL you want to be opening when you open a new tab.
But for me, i prefer resetting it.
To Reset or modify, right-click and choose what action to take.
- You can decide to reset the other Delta values because there isn’t an option to delete them.
Watch The Video Below to see it live